Sunday 29 November 2009

Sunday Was a Good Day...

We had a good day today, dispite the constant rain again.  This morning I did some sorting of scrapbooking stuff.  There is so much of it I need to do an inventory.  I have to get pretty ruthless and let loads go, either to grandchildren or school groups. If I could equate it to weight loss I could get to my target overnight!!

This afternoon we went to the cinema to see "Law Abiding Citizen", oh boy what a movie. Gerard Butler was fabulous. It was far more violent than I would usually choose but on the whole I would give it
 a 7 out of 10.  I have been a fan of Gerard Butler since I saw him in "Phanthom of the Opera" I thought he was gorgeous, had never heard of him until then.  So when I got home I Googled him, only to find he was born on the same day as my son....the lusting stopped there and then!!!

We came home and made our evening meal together and had a heart to heart about something that is bothering me.  I may blog about it at a later date but right now it is wrenching the heart from me and too hurtful to talk about.

I then was just getting my laptop powered up when I had a message from my best friend, telling me to read my daughter's Facebook page. This is the daughter that isn't friends with me, so I chose some two months ago not to read her page as I felt I was looking where I shouldn't. When I opened up Facebook and looked at Clair's page I discovered her car had been stolen during the night and set on fire. She was awy for the weekend in Blackpool on a Christmas party night with friends. Her husband Tim discovered the car was gone this morning. I am so upset for them, she needs her car for work, it had all her kit for work in the car.
I rang her and spoke to her voicing my convern and for the first time in a over a year we had a civil conversation.  Maybe something good will come out of the bad, not we have spoken but I am not holding my breath.

Mood Fair
Food Excellent.

3 comments:

accidental carer said...

She knows where your heart is thats the main thing; she will realise in time that a mum's love is just that --- LOVE xxxxx

accidental carer said...

Hope your heart isn't wrenching on my account???? xxxxxx

266 said...

I truly hope that things continue to improve with your daughter and that whatever else is weighing on your mind is eleviated soon. Hugs!