Wednesday 4 November 2009

NEWSFLASHNEWSFLASHNEWSFLASHNEWSFLASHNEWSFLASH

I GOT INTO THE SIZE 18'S!!!

I GOT INTO THE SIZE 18'S!!!

DID YA HEAR ME??

I GOT INTO THE SIZE 18'S!!!

I came home form work this evening and as I was taking my uniform off, I looked longingly at the size 18 jeans hanging on the wardrobe door. I thought about it for about two minutes and then tried them on.
As I slipped my feet into the legs I was thinking "You are setting yourself up for a disappointment here".

But they slipped up quite easily, when they got to my hips
 I thought "This is it, no further surely?"
They slid over my hips easily.
"Never" I thought, "This cannot be right" 
"Okay, they won't fasten"
 Nervously I tried to button them,
"It won't happen"

It Happened!!!
They buttoned!!
They zipped,!!
They fit!!!

I can't move too well in them, but they fit!!!

I told Ralph on the phone and he was delighted,
he said he will get me a pair of size 16 to hang on the door now.....
Who is a Happy Bunny then?

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Hooray for Skinny Sheilagh!!!!!!! Way to go girl!!!! And how sweet of your sweet man to buy you the next size down...such a wonderful post...you just made my whole day!! :)

divad said...

Yip, yip, yipee!!!! I am so happy for you. Nothing tastes as good as that kind of sweet success!

accidental carer said...

That is fantastic news - keep going because HOW GOOD DO YOU FEEL ?????????????
I am so proud of you- always was and always will be. I will be good at Frodsham and not lead you astray - promise xxxxxx

Brightcetera said...

AWESOME SHEILAGH!!!!

Anonymous said...

love it!!! and i love that this whole post was centred.. this is really amazing!! so happy for you!!!

Twinkle Eyes said...

woooohoooooo!! what an amazing feeling. I tried on a pair of size 16 jeans on in Sainsburys today out of curiosity. I couldn't quite do them up but I'm not far from it. I'm going to buy a pair once I see a pair for short legged people. What a fab NSV xx

Tina xx said...

YES !!!!!! Wow !! Well done you !! Absolutely brilliant sheilagh. Im so pleased for you. x x x

big_mummy said...

hooray!!!! i had EXACTLY the same with some (stetchy) size 18 jeans a few weeks ago- telling myself all the same things. I am so happy for you xx

Beth said...

Congratulations!! That absolutely IS a News Flash! I'm thrilled for you, I know what a wonderful feeling it is!!

Sheilagh said...

Thank you all you lovely ladies, I am still buzzing from the feeling :0)

Thank you for you support and encouragement, it is a very important part of blogging this journey.

Hugs

Sheilagh

Fat[free]Me said...

That is completelyandutterlyfanbloodytastic!

Size EIGHTEENS - woo-hoo!!!