Wednesday 31 March 2010

No Weigh In Wednesday

I have decided NOT to weigh in today, I have had an horrendouse couple of days and my stress levels are on the roof never mind the ceiling!!  So I am not adding more stress by weighing in when I know I have been eating utter crap this week. Healthy eating started again ast night when my beloved made me the most delicous chicken salad.

I have been completing TWO gift Scrapbooks over the past few days, and it has been a work of love but SOooooooooooooooooooo stressful. They were finished last night at 10:45pm.  I then went to check on the small 8 x 8 one before wrapping it, only to find four of the pockets had crinkled badly and I went into panic mode. My darling calmed me down and talked me through possibliites, I had to dig out another 8 x 8 album and pinch some of the pockets to replace the crinkled one's.  Have you ever dismantled a scrapbook in panic mode?  It's a nightmare.  Anyway we sorted it and went to bed, but I kept waking in a panic and eventually decided to get up at 4am.

When Ralph got up at 5am, he looked at the 12 x 12 album and the same thing had happened with the first page.  I thought I was going to have a heart attack!! In all the years I have been scrapbooking this has never happened to me. I was beginning to feel cursed, again my darling talked me off the ceiling at a time he should have been on his way to work....

I had to raid another album for some new pockets and then dismantle the original book, I was in total panic, couldn't breathe, heart pounding, nauseous, I thought I was going to pass out. My husband calmly helped me put it back together only to find we had put it back together back to front, I completely freaked, stupid I know but I lost it badly.  My poor husband did not deserve my freak out, yet again he calmly dismantled the book and we put it back together the correct way.  Both books are on the dining table now complete and read to give to two special people.

We are wracking our brains trying to work out what caused the crinkling, it is a complete mystery to me.  There seems to be a pattern in the plastic that is not related to anything on the pages that were in them??

So maybe you cannot understand some the the stress that is about in this house right now. It may seem trivial in the scheme of life to get so worked up about Scrapbooks!!  They should have been finished well before now, but with Emily's illness taking almost three weeks out and then my birthday week, something that should have been a leisurely pleasure, became a rushed burden.  I hope it doesn't show in the gifts.

8 comments:

accidental carer said...

You know I fully understand darlin. We put a lot of ourselves into these "labours of love" and when something goes wrong it does throw us into a panic. I would have been exactly the same.
They are finished now; the recipient will not be aware of any of the panic and will be soooo rhrilled with the results.
A lesson learned though to plan so that you have at least 24 hours for something to go wrong so you have time to change it. Easier said than done this time though.
Perhaps the products you used; glue; tape; particular papers were to blame. Perhaps the sleeves were faulty; so many possibilities.

Enjoy the compliments and keep the panic story to yourself. But be prepared for lots of orders for more. Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

accidental carer said...

or even "thrilled" with the results ..............

WWSuzi said...

I have never done scrapbooking but it does sound stressful!!

Diana said...

The scrapbooks are a gift from your heart and will be loved for that reason - crinkles and all! They will not see the crinkles, just the beautiful memories you have created for them :)

266 said...

I totally get this! I have scrapbooked major gifts and the stress that comes on when crunch time hits is major! Feel better, Sheilagh - I am sure that you did a beautiful job and that they will love the albums!

M Pax said...

It could be the pockets and nothing you did at all - a defective batch or something.

I understand the frustration. I can get like that with chapters or stories - wake up at 3 a.m. when I dream how to resolve the issue. Because if I don't get up and write it down, I'll forget.

Hope the rest of your day is stress free.

Anonymous said...

Ack! I hate when panic happens over something like that and I get all stupid and clumsy...and panicked! I'm glad you survived to write about it.

Sometimes not weighing is the best thing. Sounds to me like you've had enuf for a few days.

Happy Easter!

Deb

divad said...

It totally make sense to me too! After all the time, effort and money put into scrap booking, the last thing you want to discover is a mistake. My hubby calls is crack booking, due to its addictive nature!

Good call not to weigh in. Wait until you're ready. I'll wait until you're in NY!!!!! Not going without you there! :)