Tuesday 9 March 2010

A Little Miracle

Emily is a little miracle and I am so thankful.

This was Emily on Sunday, wired up to a heart monitor and dialysis machine and a couple of other gadgets. Four lots of fluid being pumped into her, dextrose, antibiotics and two others I am not sure about.

She was a very sick little girl.




Tonight I spent three hours with a little miracle, these are photo's to prove it:o)




Is this a MIRACLE or what?

She has been taken off dialysis for a couple of hours to see how she goes and she can have what ever food she wants at the moment.  These Jaffa Cakes and Cheddars are particular favourite's o Emily's.  When I  gave them to her you would think it was Christmas she was so excited.  She hugged the Cheddars like a teddy bear...    She was allowed two Jaffa Cakes and can have some Cheddars tomorrow.

She is having a full body scan tomorrow to check there is no organ failure.  Please pray this scan comes back normal. The doctors and nurses at Alder Hey are very pleased with her progress. We her family are delighted to say the least.

I was telling my daughter about the prayers being said and the healing thoughts being sent out for Emily by my friends here in Blogland and she was astounded. I have told her I will show her the comments left by so many kind and loving people, when they come home.  She asked me to thank each and everyone of you for your kindness, your faith and your caring for strangers.  So I do Thank You with all my heart, I know it has been the power of pray that has brought this precious child back from the brink.

11 comments:

Tina xx said...

Emily is living proof that miracles do happen Sheilagh. Im so happy things are going ok and my thoughts are with you for the body scan tomorrow.
Your little poppet is a very strong, coragious little girl .... must take after her grandma x x

Anonymous said...

You are exceedingly welcome! I am so grateful that your little one is recovering so nicely. What a joyful little face--even with the tube! I'll keep praying. Deb

WWSuzi said...

Look at that little sunshine!! She is such a sweetie and believe it or not i get excited over jaffa cakes too :)
I am so happy that she's doing well.

VRaz60 said...

Prayer and friendship are, indeed, pwerful forces! So very happy to see Emily's smiling face. Continued good thoughts are with you all!!!

divad said...

I'm so relieved that Emily is feeling better. Let's continue to pray for total healing and a good news body scan.

Christine said...

oh what a beautiful little girl...she is so special.
I will pray for her tonight and i hope she enjoys her food.

Tammy said...

Nothing like gifts from Grandma to make a precious little one feel better. :) I will pray fervently that the body scan comes out perfectly, with no damage to the flower of your heart. Big hugs for you and your family. :)

Buttercup said...

Tears of joy for sweet Emily here in New York. Joining in prayer for complete healing for Emily. Her smile makes my evening. Take good care of yourself! But what are Jaffa cakes?

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

The transformation in Emily shown in these pics has certainly made me feel emotional. Hope the scans go ok and that she will be home soon.

accidental carer said...

Every now and then we doubt that miracles can happen but here you go they certainly do. I just really wish you all chance to relax and unwind now xx see you very soon darlin xxxxx

266 said...

All my best to the little angel and her family. You are still in my thoughts and I wish for the speediest of recoveries for darling Emily!