Monday 15 March 2010

Important People in My Life

We all have important people in our lives and we are all guilty of taking those people for granted.
Here are two Very Important People in my life. Each at opposite ends of  my Rainbow.

My Youngest Grandchild My Emily. This past fortnight has taught me never to take for granted the health of my family and friends. This beautiful little girl came so close to becoming an Angel it is still heart wrenching to think about. We are all amazed at her astoundingly quick recovery.

In my work as a doctor's receptionist, I see many families with multiple health problems. I have always counted my blessings. With each grandchild that has arrived safely, I worry a little bit more that the odd's on something going wrong health wise are getting shorter. I now have nine grandchildren. The odd's got very short on Thursday March 4th but thankfully as you can see, from this photo taken yesterday, all bets are off and we have a very pretty winner.

All of my grandchildren are so important to me and  Emily's illness has taught me a lesson on a couple of levels. To treasure every moment, to thank God for the health and well being of my family and to take care of myself so I can have many active years to enjoy my grandchildren and maybe some future great grandchildren;o)...LoL


At the other end of my Rainbow is my Very Best Friend Trish. My friend, counsellor, personal shopper, soulmate and craft buddy. I needed her hugs this weekend, it was one of the things that kept me going as I was being strong for my daughter and my family.  I knew I could collapse into Trish's arms and show my weakness in a very safe haven. We have been friends for many years and could write a couple of books between us abut our life experiences and what we have seen each other through.  This weekend we have laughed a lot, cried in Starbucks.... We have talked and shopped a lot, we have counselled each other, we have hugged and tugged each other.  Every woman should have a Very Important Person in their life called Trish.  I will Never Ever take her freindship for granted



13 comments:

Tricia said...

so happy she is doing well!

Ellen said...

Emily is beautiful! So glad she recovered and that you learned an important lesson in the process. We should all enjoy every moment. Thanks for sharing, Sheilagh.

divad said...

Lovely. Isn't it amazing what we learn and cherish from even the scariest of life's situations? I adore you!

Christine said...

What a beautiful happy little girl.
I am so greatful that she is looking so healthy.
God bless every minute you all have together. Friends are family of the heart.
Nice post.

266 said...

This is a beautiful tribute to these wonderful individuals! I am SO happy and relieved that Emily is home, safe and sound. May blessings abound for you and yours for all time, Sheilagh!

Buttercup said...

Both photos are beautiful. So happy to see that Emily is home and doing so well.

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

The value of somebody is so difficult to describe - but you've done a grand job here.

accidental carer said...

GULP...........Love you darlin xxx

Sean Anderson said...

What a beautiful post, a beautiful child, and a beautiful friend. You are very blessed my friend! You're beautiful!

My best always
Sean

Julia Dunnit said...

Gorgeous post,S. Am totally sure that they know of thier beloved status.

WWSuzi said...

I am so happy that everything turned out o.k!!
Was a very pretty little girl she is, looks just like her grandmother :)
Having a friend who is so special makes life so much easier doesn't it!

M Pax said...

Found you! :D Glad Emily is all right. She's cute as all get-out.

I found it useful to be grateful for what I've got. It seemed to turn things around for me, to be grateful.

Tammy said...

What a lovely tribute to two beautiful people...written by my beautiful friend. Love you sis! :)