Sunday 3 January 2010

We Are Back.... Day 34/90

We arrived back home at 1:30pm after a delightful visit with my lovely Mother-in-law.  She is a special lady and I love her more with every visit. She has a lot of medical tests to endure this coming week and for a lady of 83 it is not very pleasant. She has to have blood tests, an endoscopy and a barium meal test. I pray to
God they don't find anything sinister.  She is feeling great and looking wonderful, it worries me that she has to have these tests.

The weather is Scotland is awful, freezing snow and very icy underfoot.  It was so bad we were unable to meet up with my step-daughter, so we missed seeing Finn, which was very disappointing. We did see my lovely sister-in-law and one of her daughters though and had a lovely afternoon with them.

The scenery as we were driving up to Dollar was absolutley gorgeous, a photographer's dream, but we were on the motorway so couldn't stop:o(.  The journey home was horrendous, it was so cold the windscreen washers wouldn't work, the sun was low in the sky so therefore shining right on the windscreen.  We had to stop several times to manually clean the windows, I have never seen so many cars pull on the hard shoulder of the motorway, it was quite scarey.

Now the holiday season is over and it is all back to normal tomorrow, I will be glad to get back to some simpler food.  Tonight I am having boiled egg with soldiers:O)

Mood = Happily Postive
Food  = Simple but Delicious

3 comments:

accidental carer said...

Welcome home darlings love you both xx

Fat[free]Me said...

I am so glad you are home safe and sound - the weather up here is awful and I was a bit worried about you. The roads have been particularly bad these past couple of days.

Having a great time taking photos though!

Home MIL gets through those tests with flying colours and I am glad you got to see her, even if you missed out seeing Finn.

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Sheilagh. So lovely that you have such a good relationship with your MIL. I hope she will be OK.

Boiled egg with soldiers is my earliest food memory. My only other early food memory is of a plastic ice cream cone that had a gobstopper at the bottom .... and I swallowed it! I was terrified!

Bearfriend xx