Friday 4 September 2009

Horrible Day at Work

I came close to walking out of my job today.
I work at a very busy gp practice and have been there 22 years.
I am due to retire on my 60th birthday.
I  was thinking of staying on, but after this afternoon, I won't be.
I reached melt down and ended up in floods of tears.

Because of my loyalty to my manager and workmates I won't go into
what went on. Just surffice to say our employers need automatons to
man reception and answer the phones, rather than  real caring people.

I could Rant and Rave and pull my hair out but it won't help, I could stuff my face
and believe me I have been very tempted since getting home.  So far I have resisted.
But the night is young and my man isn't home till 9pm.

I will focus on getting ready for my day with Trish,
we are doing a crafty workshop tomorrow and so
I need to get my things together.

Roll On Tomorrow

7 comments:

Lori said...

I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad day!

Medicine has 2 distinct sides to it, doesn't it?

Tina xx said...

sorry to hear you have had a bad day. Hope you enjoy your craft workshop tomorrow and forget all about work x

F. McButter Pants said...

I was a nurse for TOO many years. I know that some doctors, and well, some people in general are just ASSHOLES.

They try to advantage of your loyalty. The sucky thing is that I let them!!!

Don't eat over it. Or if you do, eat good for you food. Minimize the damage....lol

Fat[free]Me said...

(((hugs)))

Some days are just awful - thank goodness it is a Friday though and you have the weekend to recover.

It is late now so I hope you didn't stick your head in the fridge - but if you did, don't fret about it, just move on and get back on track tomorrow.

Have a great time with Trish (heh-heh, as if you won't ,lol)!

Brightcetera said...

Oh Sheilagh ... I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad day today.
It'll be the middle of the night where you are as I write this so I hope you were able to find some comfort with your hubby as opposed to food.
Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow ... today?
Hopefully by your next working day things will have settled down and will be more calm for you.
big hugs to you!
and may I say ... your pics look fabulous!

Irene said...

((( BIG HUGS))))
Sorry you had a bad day!! Companies these days they just dont know what they are doing....EVERYONE would rather talk to a live person....and if they'd think of how annoyed they get when they call a business with automatons they wouldnt do it....
Love ya!!
hope tomorrow is better,
love,
Irene

Tammy said...

Sweet Sheilagh....I'm so very sorry you had a rough day...if I could reach across the pond and hug you I would!!! Some days just suck...and a lot of people just suck most of the time, lol. It's unfortunate. I'm glad it was on a Friday though, and you have the weekend to relax and clear your mind. Hope you have a lovely time with your friend, and were able to busy yourself with other things besides bad eating. If you didn't, no matter...your mind's in the right place and you're going to be just fine. I believe in you and everything you're doing for yourself and your body! :)