Wednesday 23 September 2009

Happy Bunny Hopping and Bopping With Joy

I had an appointment with the Practice Nurse at my health centre today.
It was for my annual Diabetes check.

I am delighted to say all of my bloods are in the NORMAL range.
I am delighted to say my blood pressure is the lowest it has ever been.(Not that I have ever had a problem with it)

She called my doctor in to see me, he has been my gp for about fifteen yearsand has seen me through my dark times and there have been a lot of them. He was so pleased for me today as was the nurse.He could not say I am no longer Diabetic because once it is on your records it stays.But every test from Hba1c to Cholesterol, I think there were eight in all was normal.

I have been working so hard to get my eating and exercise sorted and today felt like I had been awarded a Gold medal for doing just that.I feel this will prove to the people who have been waiting for me to fail that I am not about to now or ever.

By the way, this is WITHOUT any medication.

So I am a VERY VERY Happy Bunny:)


I am so proud of me.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Bravo!! Exercise and diet can be the best medicine of all - way to go!

Fat[free]Me said...

Oh, now I am all teary eyed again - I am so fecking proud of YOU! Well done! And WELL DONE again! I KNEW you could do it.

Keep it up now! xxx

accidental carer said...

You are a star in more ways than one. Love you xxx

Amy said...

Congratulations! I am very happy for you, and proud of you too!!!:-)

accidental carer said...

Need you to do plan for Angie please so I can help her with her diabetes too - or offer to at least!!!

VRaz60 said...

Wonderful, wonderful news, indeed. Congrats. I also gave you an award. The Honest Scrap award.

You should be very proud of all you have accomplished. Way to go.

Tammy said...

Woo Hoo!! So glad your health is looking great! And aren't you a popular girl? I gave you the Honest Scrap award on my post tonight....love ya' girl! :)