Tuesday 18 August 2009

We Are Back

We arrived back home last night. The weekend did not pan out as planned.
My poor Ralph had a migraine attack and didn't have any medication with him.
He spent Sunday in bed and struggled through yesterday.

The weather was awful, I haven't seen so much rain as I did on Friday.
Dundee was in danger of floating away I am sure. The traffic was horrendous too.
At times I felt we were in an American disaster movie, with the residents of a city having to evacuate, we wondered what was going on, the whole place was log jammed.

The pram was bought, very nice it is too. didn't get a photo:( might see if can find a picture online). Apart from a wardrobe and chest of drawers this baby now has everything ready for his arrival. The nursery is looking good and the expectant couple are like a couple of kids waiting for Christmas..

Ralph's mum was great as usual and fed us deliciously, sent us home with a rhubarb pie too!!
We had a lovely visit with Ralph's auntie Isobel and uncle Bobby, they are a lovely couple and Isobel is soooooooooo funny.

Yesterday we went to see my FABULOUS FANTASTIC Fat[free]Me friend. We met her gorgeous son, he is so definitely his mothers son. Good looking, charming, shy and I wish I had a daughter I could introduce to him to;)

I also met the delightful Petunia and had a little ride, oh boy, it is a long time since I have ridden a bike and it was an exciting,exhilarating experience.

We went to St Andrews after dropping the handsome lad at the station. The sun finally decided to come out and we had a nice little donder about. The bike shop was the first stop, the guys in there were so helpful. They gave me lots of advice, I tried one bike that I thought was totally GORGEOUS!!! It was GOLD and I want it, well I am going to be a Golden Girl aren't I? Trouble was it was almost twice my budget.... So we left with the catalogue and their card and plenty to think about.

We stopped for lunch and had some Cullen Skink. It is a soup made from smoked haddock, milk and potato. Don't think it was low calorie at all but it was very nice.

Ralph bought some new trainers ahead of our induction at the gym, bought with the encouragement of the lovely K!! A pair I was not at all keen on, but egged on by the minx he bought them. I got a bum bag....

Back at K's, she gave me a hula hoop!!!
She bought one for each of us and we had a good laugh trying to us them....unsuccessfully. I was good at it as a child, but that is a dim and distant memory now. But I will practice and think of K. each time.

She also gave me a mono strap rucksack for my walking supplies, a book to inspire me and a bottle of natural sweetener, she is such a generous and genuine girl and I love her to bits.

I will post some photo's later when I find the camera lead:(

I am due to get weighed tomorrow but am positive I won't have lost the three pounds I lost last time we went up north. We didn't do half the walking we planned, we ate well so I am hoping to have stayed the same. Fingers Crossed.

4 comments:

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

I hope the weigh-in goes well! It sounds like you had a great time.

Diane

Fat[free]Me said...

LOL - I didn't notice you had posted this - you say we dondered about town, I said we pootled! So funny.

Hope Ralph's head is better now - and the trainers are perfect, heh-heh-heh!

Good luck for weigh-in tomorrow.

VRaz60 said...

A man so easily swayed by a pretty woman saying his trainers look nice, is a man I'd like to meet!! :) My hubby would do exactly the same thing. hehhehheh.

Sounds as tho' even with the migraine, you had some fun and frivolity. Good luck on the weigh in.

Tammy said...

What a lovely post! I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend...and I am seriously considering getting a bike!! :)