Wednesday 5 August 2009

This is my lunchtime salad today. I decided to start using the heart shaped bowl to remind myself to only eat foods that are good for me.
I built it up for a selection of salad leaves eg. lollo, romaine, and curly lettuce. With rocket, watercress and spinach. Second level was, beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber and spring onions.

Top level was bean salad, spicy cous cous and two slices of roast pork. It was delicious and very filling.
I hadn't planned to take the photo's but the camera was there so I thought I would give it a go. I am thinking of starting another blog as a food diary. After reading Tammy's blog today about the things we don't count the calories of. I was set to thinking, I take a few vitamins and mineral supplements daily but I haven't counted them? Maybe the odd biscuit in work, or a couple of crisps (chips). Some times a sweet goes in the mouth before the brain kicks in. So if I keep a visual food diary it may help me.

4 comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

I LOVE the heart-shaped bowl! And that salad looks delicious - yum.

I don't count my vitamins either, hmmm...

F. McButter Pants said...

Cute bowl.....Salad looks Yummy!

Tammy said...

Oooooooo!! I think the food diary is a fantastic idea. I know I am definitely going to be counting every single thing that goes in my mouth from now on, as much as possible. It won't be easy when eating at other's houses...for instance, potato salad at Mom's house...but that's when I will limit my intake to 2 bites. I learned from someone many years ago to do that. They told me that the best-tasting bites of anything we eat are the First and the Last....thus, the 2-bite rule was born!! :)

Lori said...

I love that bowl! I need to find one like that LOL