Thursday 20 August 2009

Seven Months To Go

The date caught my eye this morning, August 20th, seven months to my birthday. I better get a move on, not just with the weight loss, but my list of things to do also.

212 days to lose 40.5 pounds. Looks doable when compared to some of the fantastic losses I am seeing on other blogs. But this is me, can I do it? I need to lose a steady 6 pounds a month which again looks doable? I have taken since March to lose 19.6 pounds so is it doable? Considering I struggle in the winter?

Well lets put it this way:

I have stepped up my walking.
I have joined the gym.
I am buying a bike.

So a lot has changed since March, I am far more active, far more motivated, far more joyful.

So Yes I Can Do It.

And my Blogland Friends have a lot to do with that change too....THANK YOU.

8 comments:

Fat[free]Me said...

YES,YES,YES!

It really is doable, especially now you have got your body fit enough to work out well enough to contribute to the weight loss.

It is going to be your best birthday EVER!

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Yes you can do that in that amount of time. It's absolutely possible!!

I lost a lot of weight, and your plan is sound, and your goals seem reasonable. Move forward and get ready for a great birthday in a few months!

Diane

Brightcetera said...

Let's put it this way ...
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Tammy said...

No doubt about it!! Don't you fret one little bit about the winter eating. Check out Pam's food blog listed on my blogroll. It's called Lobster and Fishsticks. She has a little search box in the top right corner. You can type in crockpot, slow cooker, soups or casseroles and find ALL KINDS of healthy options for this winter. She is awesome at turning comfort foods into healthier alternatives....her beef stroganoff is to die for...and her spicy zucchini soup is one of my absolute faves!! :)

Tina xx said...

Sheilagh,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for your comment you just left on my blog. Its very kind of you and of course I dont think your sticking your nose in. I really appreciate your advice, and I think your right about having a family meeting. I just have to put aside my anger with my brothers at the moment and then I will talk to them. I think your right that men just dont seem to see anything unless it smacks them in the face.
Thank you again. Its much appreciated. And as to your 7 month challenge then yes it is definately do-able. Good luck and Im sure you will succeed.

Patty said...

Oh it's doable, FFM and others are proof! It won't be easy, but you will probably make it look like it is! Go Sheilagh, go!

Amy said...

Yes! Absolutely you CAN do it! You've made such remarkable progress already. One day at a time, and one foot in front of the other.

Amy said...

Make room for another award! From me this time.