Friday 30 October 2009

Seeds of Change



There are changes afoot.
I am getting loads of positive vibes, signs, thoughts, hints, and ideas bombarded at me from all directions.
Opening myself up to new ideas to get me kick-started again,  has worked in abundance.
Seems everything I read, hear or see at the moment is setting seeds and I feel a change coming.

Looking at the calendar this morning it dawned on me it is twenty weeks tomorrow to my Big O.
It sparked off the mental arithmetic = 20 weeks x 2 pounds a week = 40 pounds...It is doable.
But I am not going down that road anymore. If I get the weight loss by my birthday all well and good.
I have read several wonderful posts in the past day or two that have swayed my thinking.   I was directed by Kari (Fat[free]Me)t o Karen's(Fitcetera) post yesterday. Karen had linked to this posting : http://mepschronicles.blogspot.com/2009/10/make-your-life-worthwhile.html 
I cried on reading this, it really struck home, really really struck home.  THANKS KARI you were right.

I then read a posting on http://mizfitonline.com/   it was a guest posting by Myra, again that struck home good style.

Then a posting from the lovely Dawne @ 
http://dawneandgreg.blogspot.com/2009/10/day-58-ups-and-downs.html

Again food for thought.

So this weekend I hope to bounce some thoughts and ideas around with Kari and put a new improved plan into action as we go into November. I need to have a more holistic approach to my whole body health and not just focus on my weight.

I started this blog with my buzz word being  JOY these past weeks there has been no joy in my eating.
I want JOY in every aspect of my life and I am going to get it.

3 comments:

Tina xx said...

What a brilliant post Sheilagh and the link to mepschronicles.blogspot.com is fantastic. Thank you for sharing that. Ive put a link on my blog to that also. Its so well written and so true to a lot of people. It made me tearful to read that too. I have "hidden" most of my life, well definately half of it. What a waste of time. Now is the time to start living.
I was on the verge of giving up this morning after a STS and realizing I have only lost 1 pound since September 11th. But that was before I read that. So thank you again for sharing it. Have a lovely weekend with Kari. Im sure you two will have a fab time x x x

Fat[free]Me said...

I am so glad you liked the link!

See ya later!

Brightcetera said...

Synchronicity and serendipity. Magic is happening!
This is wonderful news, Sheilagh!
I'm so happy that Mary's post found its way to you.
Mary just nailed it with her insight in that one.
I think it hit me the same as you ... I've been letting my weight rule my life.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall this weekend (well really, I'd love to be in person!) to see the magic that happens.
Have a fantastic time you two!