Friday 1 October 2010

Who is Stealing Time?

I cannot believe it is Saturday already, where did that week go?
Ok it is only ten minutes past midnight but it is still Saturday.
That means it is two weeks to our holiday.
This time in two weeks we will be at a hotel at Manchester airport.
Not that I am excited or anything...

September has come to an end and my 30 day plan has run it's course.
How have I done?
Well not too badly I think.

I have been eating healthy home cooked food.
In fact I am really enjoying cooking and having family around for meals.
I have been reading most nights and enjoying the pleasure of snuggling down with a good book.
Meditation in the usual sense of the word as been sparse, but I have found that cooking and reading have been nurturing my self worth and self esteem.

I am spending more time with family and friends which is wonderful.
Have been doing some creative arty stuff, just for me and that is a pleasure I have rediscovered. Walking has been sporadic but I'm getting there. I need to build up a pace over the the next two weeks, ready for walking on holiday. So all together I feel September was a success in many ways. The weather was rubbish, but there again most of the year has been pretty awful weather wise.

So October is upon us and the tree's are beginning their gorgeous costume change and hopefully we will get some lovely sunny days to enjoy the kaleidoscopic display of colours nature dazzled us with this time of year.


Colors burst in wild explosions
Fiery, flaming shades of fall
All in accord with my pounding heart
Behold the autumn-weaver
In bronze and yellow dying
Colors unfold into dreams
In hordes of a thousand and one
The bleeding
Unwearing their masks to the last notes of summer
Their flutes and horns in nightly swarming
Colors burst within
Spare me those unending fires
Bestowed upon the flaming shades of fall.

- Dark Tranquility, With the Flaming Shades of Fall

7 comments:

divad said...

I adore that usage of "rubbish". North Americans don't use that term in the same way, and I find it very endearing.

You are doing so well. And, you have so much to look forward to! Just wait until you see the obscene portions in NYC! Always share a meal with your hottie.

Christine said...

what an awesome poem.
Have fun...I like british terms as well. I used to read old british harlequin authors (they were much more dark and brooding...and usually ended up in some english manner in autumn...there was tons of tension and the biggest event was the kiss at the end. very romantic....
the words flat and lift were inevitably used....flat for apartment and lift for elevator...unlike in america where flat is for chested and lift is boobs.
lol.

Marie Rayner said...

Let's hope that October will bring us some nicer weather! The time seems to be just rushing by doesn't it! Looks like you have had a good month. You must have a great sense of accomplishment. Not long now until your holiday! xxoo

accidental carer said...

It's Friday here in Anglesey- did they just organise a clocks forward in Runcorn?????????
or have I slept for a day.
Sorry I missed you yesterday darlin but life is pretty hectic here. Will try to get you in the next few days - take care on this overcast FRIDAY??
Love you xxxxxxx

Cath said...

Still Friday here and I thought I was 2 hours ahead of you!!! Have a great time in New England. Thanks for the comment.
Cathx

Anne H said...

"Gloomy Gus?"
I think you are "Sweetness and Light!"
Happy Autumn!

Cheryl said...

I enjoyed the poem very much! Sounds like you are ready for autumn!