Saturday 16 October 2010

Hello from BOSTON!!!!

Yes we are here, I am totally worn out as I didn't sleep a wink last night in the hotel, couldn't sleep on the plane and felt really sick toward the end of the journey.  The Mr Obama held us up in the sky for forty minutes.  He was arriving in Boston and the air space had to be cleared for him.  Might pop over and have a drink with him later;)

Since arriving we have had nothing but the best contact with the American people, from the security guards at the airport, to the lovely man on the immigration desk. We had an in depth conversation with him all about beer and whiskey...  The the bus driver taking us to the care hire depot was wonderful, the lady at the car hire place was fabulous also the security guard who checked us out of the depot. Then the receptionist here at the hotel is wonderful,  She let me take her photo with Andy, more about him later.

Ralph has gone for a walk up to the ice cream parlour we came across on our way to the hotel, I reckon he is going to put about 15 pounds on in the next three weeks! I reckon it will be an early night tonight and hopefully I will be rearing to go tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anne H said...

Welcome to America!
Hope you have the Best Time Ever!

divad said...

Did the Americans understand "car hire"? You're going to be learning a whole new language! I dear that Ralph is correct, but YOU can enjoy in moderation. My best advice? Share meals every time. Everything is bigger in America my dear!

WWSuzi said...

I'm so glad that you made it safe and sound!! Enjoy your vacation.

Tammy said...

So glad you got to Boston safe and sound and have met some lovely people along the way. Hope you enjoy every single minute...and Dawne is right...the meals are BIGGER in America! :)

Marie Rayner said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound Sheilagh. I just know you are going to have a fabulous time, and the food is great there and portions are LARGE, so share and enjoy everything!

PJ Geek said...

have a blast! wish you were coming to the south