Thursday 21 October 2010

Wednesday Wonders and Woe's.

Again the weather has been so fantastic, I cannot believe it, summer is here in Portland.  Though there was frost on the ground this morning. a day of lighthouse spotting was planned, but we only got half a day:(

The hire/rental car started flashing that we had a flat tyre/tire, so we pulled in at a petrol/gas station, as Ralph tried to fill the tyre/tire the value blew out.... three hour's and $202 later we were on our way, the tyre/tire sensor had to be replaced and re calibrated as well as the tyre/tire being repaired.  Not happy bunnies but we went off on our delayed trip.

The day got better and better by the minute.  We had a great afternoon, Ralph had his first lobster roll and thoroughly enjoyed it. We went to Two Lights and Portland Head Light and walked around Fort William.

We had a bit of bother with the sat.nav/gps and it got us lost , so we missed out on two other lighthouses we were hoping to catch for sunset.  Hey ho....

Eating tonight on the way home was at "Friendly's" I had a chicken salad and it was scrummy.  Ralph is sick of fries/chips already..lol  I have said I am living on fruit tomorrow, I feel stodged and bloated, five days American eating is telling on me already. What is it in the food over here that turns poo green? I am going for healthy options from now on.

Blogger is not playing again with my photo's, I don't know when I will be back on line as the hotel for the next three days doesn't have wifi in the rooms....but I will be back, sometime soon.

5 comments:

Anne H said...

OMG - green poo?
Glad you are having a great time!

Christine said...

lol...friendly's...too funny. It's weird to see other people 'enjoying' our chain restaurants.
Have fun. Sorry about the flat.
Is it all kind of strange?
How do people here compare with people back home.
I am interested in your view.
Have fun.

accidental carer said...

Hope you get an answer on your poo query darlin.. missing yous xxxx

Tammy said...

Awww..sorry about the flat and the unexpected expense...that's never fun. Glad the day improved though....and I have no idea what's giving you green poo, lol, sorry girl. :)

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Pity about the tyre, but it sounds like you're having a wonderful time apart from that. I'd have succumbed to the apples below :-)
Anne x