Monday 25 October 2010

Hello from Bethel

We are all snuggled up in a lovely B&B in Bethell, we have just had fabulous pizza in a restaurant down the road.  My cough is back with a vengeance and it is very tiring.  We have been having a great time, driving thorugh miles and miles of wilderness here in  Maine.  If anyone doubts the existence of God, they should just drive through the Amazing natural Splendour on this earth.  At times the journey was very spiritual, passing through this huge natural cathedral of nature, I found it very emotional at times.

We travelled up from Bangor to Millinocket to meet up with Kathleen, my first face to face meeting with a blogger friend.  what a lovely lady she is, she treated Ralph and I to lunch at a cracking restaurant. Ir belongs to a family of lumberjacks who have a reality tv show, I cannot remember the name of it but it was a great experience. After lunch Kathleen directed us to a drive that she likes to do with her husband Lyle. It was beautiful, miles from nowhere and not a car or house for miles.  Ralph took some great photo's, I will borrow  them when we get back home and publish them on here.

we then went to find the accommodation Ralph had booked for the night as we had decided not to go back to Bangor after meeting Kathleen.  He wanted to stay in a cabin for a night, so he booked one........  It was a little yellow box, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it, it was very basic, but cosy and the owner gave us some delicious hot muffins straight from the oven..mmmm

After settling in and freshening up, we went off to meet Kathleen and her husband Lyle for a meal, boy oh boy do you serve big in America. I ordered spaghetti and meatballs, but I was defeated as soon as it was put in front of me!

The evening was lovely though, I could have sat all night and listened to Lyle, he is such a character. I felt as though I had known Kathleen for years and we have the same thoughts on a variety of topic's.

Ralph and Lyle
Kathleen and Me.

Thank you Kathleen, it was a pleasure and I now what to meet more blogger friends.  And remember, you promised NOT to give up  blogging.

6 comments:

divad said...

How fun Sheilagh! I love when God shows Himself in nature. Enjoy every minute and remember to order one plate of food between you and Ralph when you're in America!!!!

Buttercup said...

So glad you are enjoying New England. I'm with Dawne for one order for two people and I'd add no French fries. I try to limit my fries to once a month and it seems to be working. I've found our restaurant in NYC and so eager to share it with you and Ralph!

Marie Rayner said...

Sounds as if you are having a lovely time Sheilagh!! Blogging buddies are the best. I have loved every one that I have been lucky enough to meet in person! xxoo

Tammy said...

Oh how cool that you got to meet Kathleen! I'm jealous! But so happy to hear you guys had a great visit...awesome! :)

accidental carer said...

So relieved to see you again thought you had been eaten by bears!!
How come you were in Bangor and you didn't give me a call?? ha ha
Hope the cough clears darlin. Missing you and love you xx

Kathleen said...

Don't we look great in out photo, Sheilagh? Nice pic! I so enjoyed spending time with you and your husband. Thank you so much for taking the time to spend here in Millinocket. It was a rare treat. You are the same sweet, warm person I felt through your blogging. To meet you in person, and have you as a friend is a blessing. I hope your cough gets better! Love & Hugs
Kathleen