Tuesday 24 August 2010

Tuesday

I have had a fun morning with Jaz, we went shopping in Warrington, she got her new school coat, pencil case and back pack. When we got back we had lunch of roast pork and stuffing sandwiches, followed by strawberries and yogurt, delicious. Then we did some "dancing"...more like acting the fool, but do you know it felt great. I feel the JOY coming back into my life.  The enjoyment of simple pleasure's is priceless. My granddaughters have lifted my spirits so often over the past few weeks.  Jaz and I are both missing Jessica and Emily, but having some fun times together. We laugh so much it hurts.  I have a magnet on my fridge that says..Grandchildren are the reward for being a parent.  Jaz asked me what it meant, I explained that being a parent can be hard at times as there is so much responsibility to bringing up a family. But being a grandparent is just fun, playtime all the time. She laughed and said.."Well Grandmother (she has taken to calling us all formally) it  is always lots of fun at your house"  ...Guess who is walking 10 feet tall at the moment:)

6 comments:

WWSuzi said...

What a wonderful granddaughter!
So glad you are finding joy once again. It does take time but it is oh so worth it :)

Christine said...

WONDERFUL!!!!! so glad to see this, I am so glad you feel joy right now. enjoy.

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

So glad you're feeling up-beat and that things are looking brighter for you.

accidental carer said...

Out of the mouth of babes........... xxx

divad said...

Yay for JOY! Do you live close to Warrington? That's where my brother in law is from and his parents still live there. My sister, her husband and new baby were just there for the past two weeks.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Sheilagh, so glad you're having lots of fun with your granddaughter ;-)
My craft space is in the corner of my kitchen, there's a bit of space at the side of the understairs cupboard.
Anne xx