Tuesday 25 May 2010

Hello I'm Having too Much fun to Blog;)


My Very Favourit Flower in All the World


Just been dipping in and out, usually when my man is having a swim.  I am having a wonderful time.  This has been a totally relaxed holiday, one we both needed.  We have met some really lovely people, the Turkish are so genuinely friendly.

I have enjoyed some delicous meals, delightful pastries and to die for salads.  I have put weight on, I can see it and feel it around my middle.  Do you know something, I don't care right now.  I have a plan for when we get back, so right now I am enjoying every moment, every morsel.

Although,I do have a body image problem that won't let me wear a swimsuit in public, we went to the beach and I sat fully clothed on a sunbed under a canopy. As I looked around I questioned why I am like this, as there are many women much larger than me, stripping off and wearing bikini's, appearing not to give a toss.  Why can't I be like that. It is not something that upset's me as it has always been part and parcel of who I am since childhood. So it is nothing new and it is not raw, if you know what I mean. It does bother Ralph though, he is proud of me and wishes I would wear a swimsuit to the beach.  I have no body image problem as far as he is concerned, I am so confident of his love and commitment to me, I don't hide from him. In fact we have had a lot of fun:o)


Yes here is the proof, I did ride a bike on holiday.
Her name was Alice...God love her, having to carry me..lol

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying every morsel guilt-free & having a plan for when you get home. Atta, girl! Spot on! :D Sounds wonderful. Deb

WWSuzi said...

I'm so glad your having a great time :)
You make that bike look good!!

Tammy said...

I've been reading your Turkish posts...sounds like you and your honey bunny are having a lovely time!! Keep the pics coming! :)

Julia Dunnit said...

I think Hibiscus is among my top five faves too. Loving your Turkey posts - frustrated by your body probs - nobody's looking at you on a beach - by the time you're in the water, you're invisible!

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Keep having fun!! Wish I were there! ♥

M Pax said...

Glad you're having fun!

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Sheilagh. Glad you're having such a great time.

I will never wear a swimsuit in public again either. Even in private it would be a struggle!

At least we're a lot less likely to get skin cancer than people who lie there practically naked like a burnt sausage.

I hope it hasn't put a dent in your holiday in any way. Good that you have Ralph there to act as a counterbalance to any negative feelings you have about your body. Maybe, in time, you will come to believe him.

Bearfriend xx

Anne H said...

OMG
That is MY fave flower in the Universe and the world.
Glad you are doing well!!!

accidental carer said...

Was wonderful to talk to you last night darlin- hope your bill isn't too high. Yes I would love to come next May; can't think of anything more fun. Tell everyone I am coming before you leave won't you??
Looking forward to seeing the pics a week Sunday. Safe journey home and then to Scotland
Love you both loads xxxx