Thursday 29 April 2010

One Year Anniversary

It is a year to the day since I started this blog, after a false start in which the original blog disappeared in to a Black Hole of the Cyber Kind!

What a year it has been, the goal I set was not met, but I got half way there. I have shared some of my deepest and saddest thoughts along with some of my happiest and most joyful moments. All of these with friends I have never met. (Well apart from Kari, Trish and Sam)

I have "met" people who have inspired me, made me mad, made me laugh, made me cry.  I have had words of comfort, inspiration, advice and encouragement.  I have had insight into people's lives that have been uplifting and humbling. I have learnt from the example of  folk with tremendous courage and will power.

It has been an awe inspiring year and I want to thank each and every one of you who have followed me, or just dipped in and out on occassion. Every comment that has been left has been special to me, I still find it astounding that "Strangers'" take the time to comment.

To mark my one year of blogging I have produced an award, yes me all on my little own....



I am awarding it to twelve bloggers who have touched me one one level or another.
Twelve because there are twelve months in a year.
I would like the recipients to pass it on to six bloggers who have inspired them.

So here in no particular order are my

TWELVE FABULOUS BLOGGERS

Fitcetera
The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser
Spunki Suzi Working Towards a Healthier Me
ZaaBaby The Incredible Shrinking Woman
Fat[free]Me
To The Best of My Ability
266
A Deliberate Life
365 Days to a New Me
Fat To Fab
Deb Will be Free
The English Kitchen

Sorry I still cannot do that fancy linking thing;o(

 
When I started this blog one year ago today, I did not realise the impact it would have on my life.


I had absolutely no idea I would have “Followers” did not even realise what one was until I started to “Follow” my darling friend Kari on her amazing journey. My original plan was to write about my efforts to lose sixty pounds before my sixtieth birthday. Well that did not happen and I am not beating myself up about it. But what did happen was I made some really good friends. Friends I will probably never meet, but you never know. Life can throw up opportunities even when you are not looking for any.

Thanks for being there xxx







18 comments:

WWSuzi said...

Oh my goodness thank you!! Those blogs are all great blogs. You my friend have been there for me as well :)

Brightcetera said...

My goodness, Sheilagh, has it been a year already???
HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!

Thank you so very much for the award! It's beautiful! Is this pic from your own garden? I have a clematis that looks like this one. I have 4 total and would like to plant more this year. If I ever get the weeds out of my garden, I'll post some pics.

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness sis, I'm crying here!!! You are just the sweetest, most adorable person in the world. Thank you so much for this heartfelt and personal award. It it, without a doubt, my favorite!!! And I hope that one day an opportunity WILL arise for us to meet! I've already been cursing myself that I don't live in New England so I could go galavanting with you on your Holiday! Truly Sheilagh, thank you from the bottom of my heart. :)

Friend of the Bear said...

Hi Sheilagh. Happy Blogiversary! You've achieved plenty in the last year. To lose weight slowly which then stays off permanently is far more important than getting to a certain number without the skills to maintain.

I wish you much happiness and success in your second year of blogging!

Thank you for being here and being such a good friend to all of us.

Bearfriend xx

Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you so much! The award badge is beautiful and so is the sentiment behind it. In fact, this whole post is touching. You have a beautiful heart--I'm so glad we met.

Let's slog through this weight-loss adventure together, shedding those extra pounds as we go!

Congratulations on one year of blogging! Wahoo!

Deb

Christine said...

wow! Thank you so much for your award!
That is really beautiful.
I appreciate it.
I will post it and pass it on.

Erin | Bygone Living said...

Congratulations! Love your blog ♥

Sean Anderson said...

My friend,
Thank you so much for the award.
Congratulations on your anniversary!!! You're a shining light on this road---and I'm so happy to count you as a friend.

My best always
Sean

accidental carer said...

And who would have thought you would know how to "produce" an award twelve months on. Growing in every way darlin love you xxxxx

266 said...

Sheilagh, you are such a beautiful spirit. Thank you for the award and for the unique light that you bring to the online world. Happy blogiversary, dear friend!!!

Marie Rayner said...

Sheilagh, first of all congratulations on your one year bloggiversary! I can remember when I first started blogging, I had no idea of just what a positive thing it would be in my life. I have made many lovely friends and contacts through this medium. I've had lots of laughs, shared lots of tears, and been inspired again and again! Thanks so much for passing your fab award on to me! You are such a dear! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you being you! xxoo

Manuela said...

Karen at Fitcetera passed along this award to me and I just had to visit the creator's blog :)

Love the look of your blog--lovely! I was in the UK on vacation in 95 and it's one of my favourite places. Thank you for sharing.

Anne H said...

Look at all the blogs you have inspired.
I am honoured to also be awarded one of your awards...
given to me by the awesome 266!

BTW you are doing great! Isn't blogging great!?

Beth said...

I won't make my projected goal either. Thanks for showing that I can still keep going nonetheless.

divad said...

Wow, you created your VERY OWN award? You are a whiz. I'm pretty sure the linking things is a lot easier than creating your own award!?!

Thank you so much for choosing me sweet Sheilagh. I too never expected to meet friends on line. I had no idea the support this community would provide.

Thanks you soooo much, and we WILL meet!!!

xxxx

Anne H said...

And look - it linked anyways!
Creative woman that you are.
Congrats to you and all your peeps!

The Crazy Woman Inside Me said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY, Sheilagh! I've always enjoyed your posts. Here's to another fabulous year! :-D

Leslie said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I'm new to your blog though have seen your comments a lot. I'll be back to follow and catch up. I wanted to tell you to go to my blog for the May 3rd post - I have some pictures of a purple clematis in my yard that looks just like your award! Many happy returns!