Thursday 9 December 2010

I have been Tagged

I have been tagged by the lovely PJ and I hope I am doing this right.




 
I have to answer four questions set by PJ then set four of my own questions and past it forward to four other blogger's, so here goes......


THE 4 QUESTIONS

1. If you could live in another time period, which would you choose? The future? biblical times? 19th century? the 50's Whatever or whenever one you choose and why?
If you need to answer with the thought you would still have your same family then do so.

Oh boy is that a question to conjure with. I have always been a fan of history and there are many periods of historic interest I have longed to find a Time Machine to take me back to. To pick just one is very difficult, Plantagenet England, Tudor England, Victorian England, the Industrial Revolution. They all stir up curiosity in me, to have met Richard the Lionheart, or Sir Francis Drake or Sir Walter Raleigh.  To have met the the great inventors and entrepreneur's of the Industrial Revolution, Richard Arkwight, James Watt, Thomas Telford, to name just a few. I can remember being totally enthralled in history lesson's. I would devour every word, written and spoken and be transported off in my imagination to which ever era we were being taught about. I think if I was given the opportunity to go back, I would pick the fifties. I would go back and give little Sheilagh Riley a pep talk and advise her she was just as good as everyone else and not to spend the most of her life in low self esteem with a huge inferiority complex. I can keep the dreams of bygone history, but would love to set that little girl on a different path.

2. What did you want to be 'when you you grew up'when you were a kid? Did you become that?

As a little girl I wanted to become a nurse, then a teacher, then a nun. I got to do none of these, thanks to my father who blocked every dream/ambition I had. I did become an adult literacy tutor for several years, but that is as far as I got with teaching ambitions. I have had several jobs, Lab Technician, market garden worker, barmaid, insurance clerk and doctor's receptionist. All far from those little girl dreams.

3. If you won a million dollars (after taxes) what would you do?

Can I have a million pounds please? :)
I would:
Pay off my three daughters mortgages and clear any debt's they had.
Buy a home for Ralph and myself with at least four bedrooms.
Gift some money to my brothers and sister.
Gift some money to several different charities.
Take my grandchildren to Orlando.
Buy my best friend a craft shop.
Invest the rest for our future.

4. What are you most afraid of and why?
Losing my husband,It took a long time for him to find me, I have made him promise that I can die in his arms. In about thirty five years time.



Time to tag 4 blogge'rs to answer 4 questions and then for them to pay it forward with 4 new questions to 4 new blogger's These are totally random picks...

Marie

Anne

Dana

Cath

Here are my four questions:

1.What is your favourite Christmas memory?

2. If money was no object, where in the world would you like to enjoy your dream holiday?

3. Do you think the internet is a blessing or a curse?

4. Are you a secretly addicted to a substance, food, tv show, or wierd pastime?

I hope you take part in this littel bit of fun:)

Happy Thursday...it's nearly the weekend.




5 comments:

Christine said...

hey, skip orlando. go to the disneyland in paris...it is awesome and not so frickin hot.
love your answers. I would pick the fifties too...because it seems so close and so far at the same time.
Have you seen the movie back to the future?
I think you'd like it.

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks for tagging me Sheilagh. I enjoyed your answers. I just love history and like you, I found my Toddy Bear late in life and want to enjoy as much time with him as possible! xxoo

accidental carer said...

Lots of food for thought here darlin not sure where I would like to go back to but will have fun thinking about it. Thank you for your lovely gift. I take it that if you win the lottery this will still stand ha ha .Will sort the stock list ready just in case.. Love you xx

Retta said...

Oh, your answer to #1 touched my heart.

I would go back there, too. And for the same reason... to tell little SissyCat that it is okay to FEEL, and she is able to handle it just fine, without using the comfort of food. That she is loved by God, and not to "settle". To go after her dreams and not be afraid of anything. That life goes by in a blink, so live it NOW, with joy and gusto! Yep... that's what I would say.

Loretta
=^..^=

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Sheilagh, very interesting answers you've given. I love your questions too and see I've been tagged. I may not get round to blogging this till Monday as I've got lots to do today and am out tomorrow.
Hope you're enjoying the weekend. All the snow's gone here and it's lovely and sunny right now.
Anne xx